Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day #17...Shred Day #16....

Day #4 of Level 2. I'm about midway through this level, IF I am strong enough enough to move up to Level 3 after 10 days of this. I have my doubts. 
My alarm went off before 6am again. I hit the snooze,  and I seriously considered resetting it and sleeping for an extra hour. Thursday is one of the 2 days a week I am a paid "cleaner", so I was laying there, justifying the extra sleep in my head.

" Well, what if I'm too sore to clean after I workout?"  Nope, no go, I know that at this point, I won't be.
"I can workout after I clean." I'll do it if I have to, but it really messes with my day.
"I could just take the day off all together, and Shred twice tomorrow." Would I?  The kids are all off school tomorrow, so the odds of me being that motivated aren't good.

So, I rolled out of bed, groaning. My feet screamed in protest ( I forgot to stretch them before I stood on them), and my shoulder twinged when I put my workout clothes on. I was dreading the plank work, and the ab work....ok, and the strength portion as well.  ;) 

The first 10 minutes we awful. Awful like the first time I did the Shred. I kept moving, grunting and sweating...loads of sweating. ( I am now in the habit of taking my glasses off before they fog from heat, and keeping a facecloth on the TV stand for swiping at my face). I kept going though, and found my rhythm. So the final plank/ab exercise, I did have to go down on my knees, but only for a 4 count...tomorrow I am aiming for a 3 count.

If everything goes according to plan, I am now past the halfway point of days to finish this program. Not sure what I'll do after this. To be honest, I never thought I'd make it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment