Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day #33....Day #34......Weekend is Over

Sunday night....the dogs are playing on the floor, kids are in bed. I'm watching a little mindless TV, putting in time until I go to bed.
So, yesterday was Day #5  Level 3 of the Shred. I worked damn hard at it yesterday. In each circuit I tried to do the first set with the Amazon, and if I had to, the second set with Anita. Admittedly, there were only a few I managed to stay with the Amazon on. I think I made a little progress there.
I was supposed to do Yoga Meltdown with Jillian this morning, but opted out. I was so tired, and sore from yesterday. So, the kids and I had a traditional Lazy Sunday. We watched a mindless SciFi mini series (Alice), they played some video games, and Asher finally had his wish come true...he got to watch a Harry Potter movie. I think it was a nice way to end Spring Break for everyone.
They were all in bed at a decent time, and 3/4 are happy to go back to school tomorrow. I'd say that's not too bad.
I was a little bummed today. I've been doing this Shred thing, exercising for over a month now, and have had no big visible changes. ( I know, that will come with time) I've also been a bit blue about where we live. I honestly wanted to live in a small town. Loved the idea of knowing my neighbours, being able to give the kids the freedom we had never felt we could in the city. Too bad this town isn't like that. I forgot about the other side of the Small Town Coin: people live here, grow up together, know everyone. Newbies, military families like ours, are often left on the outside looking in. I've had a couple of previous posts, about the school and the troubles we've had, and I think that's a part of this Blue zone I'm in.

Then, I was flipping through the channels this afternoon, and happened on a documentary that made me pause and kick myself in the butt. Swimming in Auschwitz, what an amazing story these women had to tell. I highly recommend you watch it if you get the chance. Makes me think I can do ANYTHING, after watching a listening to their stores of survival.
So, tomorrow, Monday, is another day...and it's going to be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment