Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not Feeling Like a Warrior, but Feeling Pretty Good

Today was Bob Harper's "Yoga for the Warrior". My thighs were very tight and sore from my Bob workout on Monday, so, I was really dreading this. I nearly talked myself into just doing the 15 minute workout, just to see how it was.....methinks Fluffy is surfacing again. 

So, dvd is in, I choose the long workout and got on my mat. The first 10 minutes were ok, and I'm thinking "Hmmmm, not bad, seems a little easier then Jillian's Yoga Meltdown".......I was very, very wrong. He was just lulling me into a false sense of security. 
I've talked plenty about Jillian's dvd's, so I won't waste anyone's time doing a side by side comparison. I'll just say Jilian's is like a yoga-bolt....hits you hard, leaves you sweaty. Bob's is like a yoga wringer......movement in postions, long holds, plenty of stretching. 
I can feel it in every muscle of my body. My thighs are tired, but no longer tight. My abs....they're feeling a tad wobbly ( had to pause and think for a minute there). 
Again, it was a full hour. I'm not sure how I'll be feeling later, but, for now, I am feeling good. 


He said something at the end about being in this moment, before you have to head out and take care of all the people you have to take care of.....sound advice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment