Monday, January 3, 2011

I Managed to Keep my Insides Down.....

The kids have returned to school the Christmas tree is packed away, and the New Year has arrived. I always think I should feel different somehow when the shiny, new calendars are hung on the wall.....but, I don't. Same old me hit the snooze on the alarm this morning.
Saying that, my alarm did go off at 5:30 am, so, a 10 minute snooze seemed perfectly acceptable. Today was a dry-run for my new workout routine. With my new work schedule, I don't have the time to work out during the day like I used to. However, I need to keep on with the exercise. No working out over the Holidays was a great break....but it shows. The clothes still fit, but not as nicely......and my lovely triceps are sinking back under the fluffy layer.
So, 5:40 am........ Bob Harper, his hardbodies, and lil' ol' me in the living room ( Bob and the hardbodies on TV of course), doing the dvd you see pictured in this post......it's one hour people. Not a 10 minute warm-up 40 minute workout, and a 10 minute cool down....it's long! It's hard....dare I say harder than Jillian??? Well, maybe not harder, but a different kind of workout.
I wanted to quit about 20 minutes into it. You NEVER STOP MOVING! There are no breaks between moves, no water break, no time to grab a towel to mop up the sweat pouring off your face.
All in all, it's a good workout.....except the mountain climbers, oh, how my back hates those.

No comments:

Post a Comment