Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's Been One Week........................

OK, so, a week short a day....I couldn't think of a better title. This was often a stumbling block for me in school. I could write an essay with one eye closed, one hand tied behind my back ( as long as it was my left) the night before it was due and pull off a mark in the high 90's. Usually my title was less than inspired ( such as the one at the top of this post), and it often came back to me with red ink on it.

But, that's not at all what this post is about today....well, I guess it kind of is now.....oh shoot, there I go again! NEXT TOPIC PLEASE!

So, last week, I talked a little about the photos I had done in the city by a fabulous group of ladies at Edmonton Boudoir Photography, and I had said I might share a couple of the shots right here. I love, love, love these pictures. I said it last time, and I'll say it again: You would never know they are me if you walked by me on the street. In everyday life I am Mom in my uniform of jeans, t-shirt and a hoodie. In these pictures.....well, I'll post them and you'll see ( especially if you know me in real life).







 I truly feel every woman should do this at least once ( and if you're in Edmonton, I highly recommend this company of women). I'll carry the good feelings from this photo shoot for a long time. Thanks girls!

I had my Picture Day on Sunday (the 17th), then this past Wednesday joined a weightloss challenge  here in my little town.I was only at the meeting for a short time ( hubby had an appointment he had to keep), but on short acquaintance, the women participating seem like a good bunch. I didn't know a soul ( 2 years living here has not led to a lot of social outings), but everyone was very friendly. I guess it was because we were all there for the same thing: to lose some weight , and win a little cash!   Weigh in is tomorrow, so, we'll see how the first week went.

This little competition is just the push I am needing. If you're a follower, you know that I have been working on this whole "Healthy Lifestyle" thing for awhile. In the past couple of months, the fitness part of things has been pretty good, but the diet.....meh.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same issue with titles. Hate them.

    Good luck on the weight loss. I'm feeling so lazy and blah, but can't carve more time out of my day until school calms down a bit (in December). Then, Jillian and I will have some dates set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the busiest people I know! Not sure how you find enough hours in the day to do what you do.

    ReplyDelete