Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How to Look Like a Moron.....

Today was not a good day.

It actually started last night.

In fact, maybe it started the first day I went to work during the kids' summer vacation.

Saying goodnight to the kids last night, Son #3 hugged me hard, and asked me if I had to work for their whole summer off.

Stab of Mommy-Guilt.

Son #2 came down and hugged me hard, twice. Very out of character.

Stab.
Slept in this morning ( just enough to throw me off). Littlest came downstairs, all bleary-eyed. "Mom, do you have today off with us?"

Stab. Stab. Stab.

Already feeling tender, I head into work. There's a note, completely harmless.....I took it the wrong way. There were tears, a bit of really ugly crying. I managed to make a co-worker feel bad, and make myself look like a blithering idiot in the process.

If there was any doubt in anyone's mind at work that I am certifiable, I have now removed all traces of it.

Logically, I know the kids are fine here at home. I leave before they're up (this morning not withstanding), and am home in the middle of the afternoon.

I made the choice to stay home with our kids, and to not work. Now, to not be home with them...it just feels wrong.  No matter that I generally like my job, I miss being home with them.



P.S. I miss the Oldest too. I'll be glad when he comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment