Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Little Spring on the Prairies.....

It looks like the beginning of Spring here in AB.....the kids are wearing mitts in the morning, and coming home in wet gum boots at the end of the day....things are mushy, brown or grey...and there is snow  the forecast for the next few days. Yuck. I know, it's like this every year.....but nearly 15 years in the province, and I still don't like it.
Move to another province you say? No dice folks, I'm married to an army man....
See this picture? I used to live there....well, not THERE, but, on that island.  That's what I wish for, to live somewhere like this again. I suppose the prairies have their own beauty, but there is just something about being close to the ocean. Maybe in my next life?

Easter Break for the kids is finally in sight ( we don't do Spring Break here, not exactly sure why). We are ALL so ready for this break. the kids have Spring Fever, and I need a week off of making lunches....oh, how I hate to make lunches.

Nanny and Poppa are coming to visit that week too, all the way from Cape Breton. They will be shocked by just how big my Meemies have gotten in a year's time....the hubs and I will be taking advantage of their visit, and heading into the city for an overnight stay....Thanks Nanny and Poppa.

I suppose I should get back to my Domestic Duties....I've worked out, had a coffee, no more excuses left.

No comments:

Post a Comment