Friday, April 8, 2011

The Funk vs The Junk in my .....Gut?



I've been feeling a little funky.....I've been talking about making a comeback.....yadda yadda yadda.....but the funk has not shrunk....neither has my waistline.

Bob's been glaring at me from the front of his dvd cases, which I have left on my TV stand, in plain sight....it has not spurred me to action as I had hoped it would.

This morning, I put on my workout clothes when I rolled out of bed. I HAD to get my body moving today. Got the kids ready and out the door, got Hubs out the door, fed the dog....and I wanted nothing more than to go back to bed.....like, my eyes were droopy, I was cold, and the duvet was calling sweetly to me.

I did not listen. I didn't do a killer workout either... my workout was good for the ol' bod, but even better for the soul.

I played "Just Dance 2"....and yes, I say played. Why? Because I did all the silly songs that I would be too embarrassed to do without an infusion of alcohol were I doing them in front of others.

"Wake me Up! Before you go-go"
"Holiday"
"Tik Tok"
"Rasputin"
........and other assorted tunes.

My heart rate was up, I broke a sweat, but more importantly....I was grinning like a fool by the end of it. 

Not sure if Bob would have approved of my choice.....oh well. I'm doing this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment