(villabloggera.com)...............don't get me wrong, I do love Christmas. Shiny lights and ornaments, the excitement of the kiddos, seeing friends and family.....yet, somehow, I always feel a slight sense of....blah. Pretty sure that's a technical term there too folks. I'm a good little Army Wife, I soldier on, knowing that in no time, I will be caught up in this festive season.
There has been plenty going on around here since my last post.
- Fabulous Running Buddy and I completed a "Try a Tri" (15 k on the stationary bike, 5k run on the treadmill&500m swim in the pool). Why, you may ask......was it a race? Nope. We just did it to see if we could.
- In November, Running Buddy decided to join a 90 Miles in November challenge, so, of course, I tagged along. It was a great challenge, would definitely do it again.
- At the end of November, we completed a Sprint Tri ( well, in distance). This time, 20k on the spin bike, 5k on the treadmill, and 1000m in the pool. Why? Well, we wanted to be sure we had enough mileage for the challenge, and, well, to see if we could. We could, we did, and we did it in less than 2 hours. school-clipart.com
- In non-fitness related news.....the kids are doing so well! We were so pleased with their first round of report cards. Each of my kids have their own strengths, and they really shined through this term.
Seems my life mostly revolves around my fitness goals right now.....and will again in 2012.
- Commence training for a half marathon in January
- Start the winter round of our weight-loss competition
- Sign-up for Zumba! (We're going to our 3rd class tonight, love it)
Taking care of myself has opened a lot of doors for me. I've met new people, made friends, stepped out of my comfort zone.
Taking care of myself .....it's leading by example for my kiddos.
I would like to say I'll blog more often, but, I'd hate to make myself a liar. Maybe I'll feel inspired over the next days and weeks, maybe I'll be too busy running!