Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Schedule..... meh.

I always look forward to summer vacation......lazy days, sleeping in, no place to rush off to with the kiddos.....and then, a month in ( like, right about now)....I feel like my nerves are frazzled and the kiddos are running all over the frayed ends.

Not like we haven't been busy, because, we sure have been. Trips back and forth to the Grandparents' place .......activities there with friends.....come home, trips to the lake, bike rides, housework.......but, no set schedule.
I have dreams of being an organized person...they sit alongside my fantasies of having a home ready for company any time, kids who listen & do as they are told with a smile, a dog that doesn't turn into a frenzied barking gremlin when the doorbell rings, and that my laundry is all washed, folded and put away.

No matter what though.....I am still loving the fact that I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE LUNCHES FOR SCHOOL!  I swear, if I was a better organized person and could home school.....the no lunches thing would be a real perk!

How  do you keep the ends tied tight in the summer?

1 comment:

  1. I don't. And by the end of the summer I'm happy to send my kids off to school. Go figure. I just think that a schedule in the summer is a genuine oxymoron. I like the quiet mornings I get as they sleep in. I don't mind that they're up late with me at night...I enjoy them more when things are a little lax.

    PS - I also dream all of the same dreams you have...a home ready for company any time -- *sigh*

    ReplyDelete