Thursday, July 7, 2011

Divorce....what an Ugly Thing

No marriage/relationship is perfect. Generally, if there is a separation or divorce, both parties had their part in getting to that point. ( Yes, there are always exceptions, I realize that, but, bear with me).

We're a military family, and it seems like more of us get divorced than anyone I know....most likely because that's the world I live in.
It generally seems to go one of 2 ways:
1.The woman ruins the guy financially.
2.The guy withholds support money from the wife and kiddos.

Big generalizations, I know, but I don't want to single out anyone I know personally.

If a person claims to want to move on, end the relationship, start a new chapter in his/her life, then why the hell do they drag things out? Both sides should be mature about the thing. ( Yeah right, I hear you all say).

If the marriage is something a person can't live in, then, by all means, GET OUT! Why prolong the misery with petty legal wrangling? Be responsible for your own s*it, and quit nickle and diming each other to death.

Do you have kids? Pay fair support for them. Get a 2nd job if you have to.Why would you want your kiddo to go without?
Got debt? Do what's fair and right, pay what you can, don't stick your Ex with something that will cripple them for life while you get nothing to deal with.
Hate each other? Fair enough. You probably wouldn't be divorcing if you were madly in love.

I just hate to see people destroy each other, and, maybe as someone not getting divorced, I should keep my mouth shut. That being said.....
.....watching the implosion ( or explosion) of a marriage is horrible to see, whether it's friends or family. People I have spent time with, as my friends, or with our families...to then see you rip each other to shreds....if I feel this bad for you, I can only imagine how it must feel for you. Off the top of my head, I know 3 couples in the midst of icky divorces right now. I'd like to lock them all in a room for a big group time-out until they all behave like the adults they claim to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment