Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Nothing Tastes as good as Thin Feels"......Really?

I hear this and see this a lot, and it drives me NUTS! I don't find it encouraging in any way.....n fact, I find it insulting.  ( Sorry to anyone I know that likes this saying, just my opinion).




I haven't been "thin" for years.....I honestly do not remember a time when I wasn't struggling with my size.    No matter what size I was in the past, I always felt bigger than the folks in my social circle. So, for me, that ( for lack of a better word) mantra is ridiculous. 




For me, eating has often been about IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION. I get to enjoy the taste of whatever it is I am eating RIGHT NOW. I don't have to wait a year for that slurpee to taste delicious, or for those hot, crispy fries to fill my belly. Chocolate NEVER tells me to wait until later......   
How does thin feel? Will "thin" ever be something I can relate to? 


Honestly, "thin" isn't my main goal.  


?????? Say What ??????  


That's right. To me, thin evokes an image of a small, delicate things....easily snapped, broken under pressure. Ever seen one of those wooden coffee stir sticks at Starbuck's? That, my friends, is THIN, and I can break it without thought.  


This whole "Nothing tastes as god as thin feels" thing is closely related to the "Food as Fuel" school of thought. Yes, it's true, food does FUEL our bodies....but, if it were merely that, we'd all be living on nutrient wafers and food pellets, washed down with flat, boiled water. 


Can we all say YUCK?!?!? 


What we need....well, what I needed, was to CHANGE my ideas about what is GOOD when it comes to food. My tastebuds needed an EDUCATION.  
White bread used to taste like heaven.....now it tastes like cardboard, without the fibre. 


~~~One cookie is a delicious treat , 5 is an upset stomach. 


~~~ Freggies are delicious, not just good for me.   


~~~Perfect eating is whatever makes me feel the best on the inside, and look fantastic on the outside.  
 
~~~My "diet" is forever, so I need to be able to live with it. 


~~~Food is fuel....and pleasure.....but too much of either makes it all a CHORE! 

I'm going to be: 
**** svelte ( love the sound of that word) 
**** Strong 
**** Centered 


I've been using the"17 Day Diet" . It's normal food, and has totally shifted my perspective on food. I feel better, and, I am seeing results! 
( As are some other family members who are looking FANFRICKINTASTIC!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment