Thursday, May 6, 2010

Exercise....Day #59

Hit the snooze twice this morning ( thank goodness for snooze!), but was able to get up just after 6am for my workout. Today I did Jillian's Yoga Meltdown that I couldn't find yesterday morning.
Peace and quiet were in short supply this morning, as 3 out of 4 kids decided they wanted to get up extra early, and hubby had early morning PT on Base. I just dug in and tried to concentrate on each movement. My daughter (6) joined me for a few of the exercises, then she sat next to me and reminded me to breathe for a bit...then she got bored and went to find something else to do.

I keep wondering when I am going to find these workouts easier. I'm still on Level 1 in the Meltdown ( my flexibility is a little lacking). I've been exercising faithfully for nearly 2 months....ans as I type that, I realize how short a time it really is. In terms of me sticking with it, it's a great accomplishment. I mean, I've never managed to stick with the whole fitness thing in my adult life. So, as my kids would say "Pat on the back for that."

Yes, it's only been a couple of months....after years of not taking care of myself! When I was first married, we partied, I ate at the food court at work, and generally didn't give a damn about my health. Then I had a baby, and another baby. By the time I was 28, I had 4 kids 5 and under....there was little time for me.

So, 2 months to undo 14 years of neglect...gotta give myself a break. I'm starting to think that the workouts are not meant to get easier...I'm just working harder as I get stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment