Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hip-po....Gaz-elle.. ..Hip-po....Gaz- elle.............What's it going to be?

Back in September....way before the snow and cold arrived....I wrote a blog about wanted to be a runner......September blog................
I have written about seeing those folks running that look like they are gliding along, feet barely skimming terra firma.....of my desire to be one of them.....that when I have attempted jogging in the past the cadence of "Hip-po, hip-po" has been so loud in my head that I can barely hear the music from my Ipod........but that was before.
Right after I wrote the post that I linked to this blog, I hurt my calf.(I'm a Klutz like no other.... there's a blog post about that too...The Swear jar I think?) Since that day, I have attempted C25K a couple more times, only to end up hurting that same darn muscle.
After some research, I decided the answer to the problem was a calf compression sleeve. So, the hunt began......I found supports for every part of the body........the ankle, the wrist, the thumb joint, back, the ever-popular knee, and many more than you'd think for male groin issues....but nothing for my poor calf. I tried a tensor bandage, but movement would displace it, and it rubbed my skin.
Finally, I looked on Ebay ( oh Ebay, what don't you have????) ...........and I found one.....and it arrived yesterday. It's pretty & purple, fits my oddly large-for-a-girl calf...........and, the best part? IT WORKED!
I did Week 2 Day #1 of C25K yesterday.....things hurt ( I hate running on a treadmill), but NOT MY CALF!
Very exciting for this Gazelle cadet! 


No comments:

Post a Comment