Sunday, June 27, 2010

Quest for a Ta Ta Tamer

The other day I professed my desire to one day run a 5K..... I am horribly envious of those who find running to be a natural thing. I mentioned my feet and knees in my other blog, reasons I don't run....well, here's something else to consider....
I've heard from running folk that a good pair of shoes is the most important thing. I don't disagree. I am of the opinion that I will also need one kick-a$$ sports bra.

In earlier blogs, back when I was doing Jillian's "30 Day Shred" , I would put on 2 bras before each workout. This helped, but would chafe a tad, and were very uncomfortable. Let's not even talk about the fact that I looked ridiculous! No chance that I would ever step outside the confines of my living room in that get up!       ( Vanity strikes again)

Then, I heard a tale about the PERFECT sports bra, called the Ta-Ta Tamer from Lululemon...(apparently, it actually does what it says: TAMES THE TA-TA'S! My sister (who does run) has one and swears it's the most amazing bra ever.

I have searched high and low for one in my size. I've been to 2 of the stores in the city closest to me, I check online daily ( sometime two or 3 times).....I've even searched on Ebay, willing to pay more if I can just find it in my size.


I mean, if I were to try running , I'm sure I'd hurt myself.....possibly anyone near me, due to the uncontrollable bounce factor. This bra is readily available in smaller sizes.....but a chesty girl  like me needs it way more than skinny yoga master. ( sorry, little bit of thin-envy slipping out).

The search continues.........

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin,
    I was totally the same using the double bra method before I got the Ta Ta Tamer, so I totally understand. It offered me way more comfort & support as well.
    What size are you looking for? I will see if I can track one down. Give me an email at geconline@lululemon.com
    Cheers,
    Jenna
    GEC Online Community
    lululemon athletica

    ReplyDelete